1st-Year Metal fabrication apprentice
We are looking for a keen learner who wants an interesting career as part of a team in a busy and varied manufacturing environment.
As part of our team, you will undertake a four-year apprenticeship with a registered training organisation to become a qualified fabricator. The first three years will require the successful applicant to attend off-the-job training one day per week. The final year will be spent within the normal working team.
A Certificate III Engineering Fabrication Apprenticeship with Bomac Engineering will involve
- Cutting, drilling and welding metal products to produce parts.
- Utilising various equipment such as hand and machine tools, welding equipment both manual and robotic as well as computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines.
- Utilising various techniques for assembling fabrication parts and structures.
- Aligning and fixing pieces together through welding, bolting, or riveting.
- Adding the finishing touch to products: cleaning, filing, and applying protective finishes.
- Understanding detailed drawings or specifications to determine the required materials and equipment for the job.
- Attending various work sites to install finished products.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools
- Commitment and enthusiasm with a genuine interest in engineering
- Effective English communication (spoken and written) skills
- Basic maths skills – successful applicants will be required to complete a test during the interview phase
- An outgoing and friendly personality
Preferred but not essential:
- Manual Drivers licence (if over the age of 18)
- Outside interests that demonstrate hands on practical skills
- Ability to read and comprehend 2D drawings
- Completion of an Engineering or Mechanical VET course at school
Please include a cover letter with your application demonstrating how you meet the above criteria and why you would like to start a career in metal fabrication.
Please note only candidates with Australian citizenship or permanent working rights will be considered for this role. All candidates will be expected to comply with current public health orders.
About the Company
Bomac Engineering Pty Ltd is a manufacturing company that offers a unique extruded aluminium rail system used mainly in the materials handling and height safety industries.
The systems we manufacture literally save lives, so what you do here is important. We take the safety of our employees and our customers' employees seriously.
Bomac is a safe, clean, modern manufacturing environment. It's a place where people are valued and listened to. We are a small dynamic team, so each person is an integral part of the team. This is an opportunity to be trained and gain experience with modern manufacturing processes applied across a variety of industries. By undertaking this role, you will be able to turn engineering drawings into a reality and provide a product that contributes to a safe work place for all our customers.
Bomac Engineering is located on Wedgewood Road in Hallam. We have ample onsite parking and are a short walk from the Hallam railway station.
Please send all resumes along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please use the subject line “Apprentice Applicant” when sending it to this email
If you have any questions about this position please feel free to contact us on 9796 5300.